COUPLES & GROUPS | ALL LEVELS
ALL STYLES | FREESTYLE & CHOREOGRAPHY
Either you want to take your social dancing to the next level, you have some killer moves to put in the spotlight or you love the thrills of a competition, this is your chance, your stage, your moment.
1.1. ALL IN KIZOMBA CONTEST is an international dance competition, open to all nationalities, ages and dance levels (both professional and amateur)
1.2. The competition will take place between 15 – 17 February 2019, during Bucharest All In Kizomba Festival, at Hotel Caro, in Bucharest, Romania. The schedule of the competition shall be announced at a later date, but no later than 3 days before the event.
1.3. Dancers can compete in 2 categories:
– COUPLES – pairs of any gender, age, nationality, dance level …
– GROUPS – 3 to 8 pairs
In order for the competition for each category to take place, a minimum of 5 competing pairs and respectively groups is required.
1.4. Every participant can only compete once in each category. Couples or groups structure cannot be changed during the contest.
1.5. All participants shall allow the organizer to use their name and image (pictures, videos and any other visual or audio material) in order to make public and promote the current and future editions of All In Kizomba Contest and All In Kizomba Festival, without any financial compensation.
1.6. All personal details required for registration, such as name, age, nationality etc, are going to be used for the sole purpose of the proper development of the contest.
1.7. Participants shall have a decent behaviour and language towards their competitors, the jury and the organizers. Any complaints are to be addressed to a designated person that the organizer shall indicate to all participants before the competition.
2.1. Participants shall be 18 years of age the first day of the event, February 15, 2019, or if they are under age, they shall present contact details and a signed consent from a parent or tutor.
2.2. At the moment of registration, participants must have had acquired a full pass for the dance event All In Kizomba Bucharest Festival 2019.
2.3. All participants must fill out and sign the Registration Form in section 7.
2.4. Registration forms must be sent at email@example.com no later than February 05, 2019. Please make sure you receive the confirmation of receipt.
2.5. Applicants whos registration forms are not validated or don’t submit them as specified above, will not be allowed to enter the competition.
3.1. COUPLES category will have 2 challenges:
– IMPROVISATION – pairs shall perform on a music collage of 2 songs, one Kizomba and one Urban Kiz, with a total duration of 1:30 – 2:30 minutes. Music shall be of organizer’s choice and shall not be revealed before the time of the competition.
– CHOREOGRAPHY – pairs shall perform on a music collage of their choice with a duration of 1:30 – 2:30 minutes. The collage shall be delivered to the organizer no later than February 10, 2019. One of the following styles: Kizomba, Semba, Urban Kiz is mandatory to cover a minimum of 50% of the collage’s duration.
3.2. The teams competing in the GROUPS category shall perform on a music collage of their choice with a duration of 1:30 – 2:30 minutes. The collage shall be delivered to the organizer no later than February 10, 2019. One of the following styles: Kizomba, Semba, Urban Kiz, is mandatory to cover a minimum of 50% of the collage’s duration.
3.3. The collage of participants‘ choice shall be delivered to the organizer no later than February 10, 2019, in MP3 format, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advise you to check for confirmation of reception. We also advise competitors to have in their possession a copy of the collage, as a caution measure in case of any unforeseen event.
3.4. Pairs and groups whose music collage do not comply with the styles and/or time rules, won’t be allowed in the competition.
3.5. Costumes and accessories are to be decent.
3.6. The list of competitors shall only be revealed at the beginning of the contest.
3.7. Participants who are not by the stage and the scheduled time for beginning of competition risk to not take part at the respective challenge or in the respective category.
4.1. Judging criteria are common for all categories and challenges and are as follows:
– Technique: mastery and execution of movements and for groups also synchronicity
– Creativity: use of new or particular moves in the choreography
– Rhythm & Interpretation: definition and consistent use of time during execution of the dance and fluidity of body movement
– Choreography/Ability to improvise: evolution of the dance, complexity, naturalness of moves chaining, moves sync with the music.
– Attitude: respect the flow and character of the dance style.
Each criteria will be graded with a grade from 1 (very bad) to 5 (very good). Final score will represent:
– the sum of the scores for each criteria and each challenge for COUPLES category
– the sum of the scores for each criteria for GROUPS category
4.2. Jury members will be announced at a later date, but no later than 3 days before the competition.
4.3. We strongly advise jury and competitors to avoid interaction before competition.
– 1st place: Full Pass and accomodation for Bucharest 2020 edition + Full Pass for any All In Kizomba Festival edition in 2019
– 2nd place: Full Pass for Bucharest 2020 edition + Full Pass for any All In Kizomba Festival edition in 2019
– 3rd place: Party Pass for Bucharest 2020 edition + for any All In Kizomba Festival edition in 2019.
– 1st place: Full Pass for Bucharest 2020 edition + Full Pass for any All In Kizomba Festival edition in 2019
– 2nd place: Party Pass for Bucharest 2020 edition + for any All In Kizomba Festival edition in 2019
*The above prizes shall remain guaranteed at all time up until awarded to winners. Other prizes may be added at any time under the enforcement of Art.6.4 of the present regulation.
6.1. Participants take full responsibility for the moves they perform during any of the challenges and on any of the categories of the contest and for any accidents and/or incidents that may occur as a result of a faulty execution and any kind of injuries they may inflict themselves on this occasion.
6.2. Competitors shall remove all accessories or decorations used during their performance on their way off the stage. This action should take no more than 5 minutes.
6.3. Use or display of products or name of products, brands or logos during performances is strictly prohibited.
Logos and names of dance schools are exempted from this provision.
6.4. The present regulation may undergo amendments at any time up to 1 day prior to the contest, provided that they are published on Bucharest All In Kizomba Festival website and Facebook event and notified to all participants by email.
Organizer: ALL IN KIZOMBA FESTIVAL